Friday, September 3, 2010

Week 8 EOC: Legal Questions

1. If I lose inspiration and go online and use someone else’s design, more than I intended to. Will I be safe from a lawsuit if I changed it enough so it isn’t exactly the same? What recourse do I have if the roles are reversed, if my work is the work being stolen?

2. If I’m asked to sign a non-disclosure agreement can I use the skills that I developed in the company to earn money through free lance work?

3. As a designer working for an employer can part of a design, from that company, be considered as a trade secret that I’m prohibited from using any work that was not solicited from within the firm?

4. If I come up with an original idea during employment with a company who owns the rights to it? Myself or the company? Is there any way I can make it my own to sell to others?

5. How much do you charge to read a contract and advise/interpret it for me?

6. Can I protect multiple intellectual properties under one single copyright? Is it better to do this or to copyright each individual component?


7. What rights do I retain when using company software?


8. If I create a design, but am not paid for it, what recourse do I have?


9. If someone steals my intellectual property how do I establish ownership?

10. If my employer gives me specific guidelines for a design, but those guidelines infringe on another IP, am I liable for it?

No comments:

Post a Comment