Friday, September 10, 2010

5. Your own argument and opinions:

It’s difficult for me to have any argument against a real attorney. I thought I knew the answers to my questions, but I was surprised by some of the responses. I, however, definitely have opinions. I understand that the law is not always black and white. That sometimes, certain variables will come into play and change the complexion of a claim or lawsuit. This further reinforces the importance of paying attention details, especially when the smallest detail can change the course of a court case.

In the end I know that I will almost always only be dealing with a Trademark

"A trademark is a distinctive word, phrase, logo, graphic symbol, or other device that is used to identify the source of a product or service and to distinguish it from competitors.." Patent, Copyright & Trademark; Richard Stim, page 366

or Copyright.

"A copyright consists of a bundle of rights held by the author or developer of an original work of authorship. The term 'copyright' applies both to the entire bundle of rights and to any individual right or part of an individual right." Patent, Copyright & Trademark; Richard Stim, page 219

I don't expect that I'll ever need an attorney to help with a Patent, but then again who knows if I may have a flash of genius and actually invent something innovative.

"A patent is a grant by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office that allows the patent owner to maintain a monopoly for a limited period of time on the use and development of an invention." Patent, Copyright & Trademark; Richard Stim, page 16


No comments:

Post a Comment