Friday, September 10, 2010

4. Rule of law:

My attorney didn’t quote precedents. He did not give examples of other court cases. I didn’t expect him to as this wasn’t a court room and all I was really seeking from him were answers to some general questions. I do, however, understand the importance of precedents.

"Intellectual property laws, along with court decisions and regulations, establish rules for..." Patent, Copyright & Trademark; Richard Stim, page 5

Ultimately, my goal was to evaluate his responses and get a “feel” for the type of attorney he was. He was very confident and didn’t assume I was guilty of any infringing, even when I asked questions that hinted at such action. Furthermore, even if I was guilty of infringing there is nothing to stop me from doing so.

"Intellectual property laws don't prevent someone from stepping on the owner's rights. But the laws do give an owner the ammunition to take a trespasser to court." Patent, Copyright & Trademark; Richard Stim, page 5

No comments:

Post a Comment