Friday, September 17, 2010

Week 10 EOC: Robert Kearns

The movie Flash of Genius depicts the struggle that Robert Kearns went through with his battle against the Ford and Chrystler motor companies. The motor companies infringed on his patent rights when they started releasing models featuring the intermitent windshield wiper, which he invented.

The battle against the big corporations took almost 2 decades and cost him more than his time. His wife left him and his children distanced themselves from him. Is losing your family worth 30 million dollars? That depends entirely on the individual. I don't have my own children and I'm not married, so the only family I have is my mother and sister. Would I sacrifice them for 30 million dollars? No.

Certain crusades are too costly.

No comments:

Post a Comment